Thursday, May 20, 2010

Struck by Lightning!

You gotta be careful!
Lightning can strike when you least expect it!

Lightning is the next Dean Koontz book I have started reading and it is promising to be just as enthralling as the previous novels of his that I have read.

I starts with a baby being born during a particularly violent electric storm.  The mother was experiencing difficulty so her doctor - a dunken, self pitying failure - was called to assist.  The doctor's ability to get to the hospital where he most likely would have ended up burying his mistake, was impeded by a mysterious guardian angel.
Baby was born, mother died and the thrilling mystery begins to take form....

I expect that this book, also available as an audio book and in handheld electronic format, to be a compelling read.  I am only a 10% into the book and I know there are a number of characters, some good, some very bad and sinister and others at the mercy of the badies.  The plot is not yet completely clear but that is what makes good reading - a keeness to find out about the plot and the way it unfolds....

No comments:

Post a Comment