Monday, June 14, 2010

Lightning - Finished at last!

Dean Koontz - Lightning
At last I finished this novel!
It was a very enjoyable read.  The characters were interesting and captivating.  The plot was somewhat unexpected and unpredictable.  It is not one of the best books I have read but 'Lightning' was good!

It is a strange name for a novel but as you get into it it becomes apparent why as intense electrical storms accompanied significant events that occur at frequent intervals in the book.

I read slow though - or maybe other people read fast?
I wish I could time how long I spend reading a novel!  When I read reviews of others about the book, they talk of reading it in a single sitting or, in 14 hours!  Maybe its just that I don't have a single span of time like that to read in but I am sure it takes a whole lot longer than 14 hours to get through it!

The only complaints I had about Lightning was that the end seems to - like with other of Dean Koontz's novels - come to a rather rushed close.  As expected, the last few pages of the end is a chronology that describes in short 'time chunks', how the characters lives continue.

Now I am reading another Dean Koontz novel.
This one is called 'Night Chills'

No comments:

Post a Comment